1st (AM) Session: Diversified Funding Strategies for Successful Nonprofits | 9am – 12 pm
One of the biggest challenges for today’s nonprofits regardless of size is diversification of revenue sources. Today’s donors are everywhere. Putting all your eggs in just a couple baskets creates long-term risk for your organization and may be keeping you from optimizing your revenue potential.
Nonprofits that are thriving today are not overly dependent on just one or two programs like direct response, events, peer-to-peer match, or major giving. Instead, they have deliberate programs in place to connect with small and large donors and continually move them up the pyramid.
This 3-hour workshop is a game changer for board and nonprofit staff members who are ready to develop the new, diverse funding streams needed to sustain and grow an organization. Participants will evaluate the pros and cons of diversified funding, best practices for new capacity building opportunities, the primary elements of successful fundraising, and time management skills needed to navigate a new world of resource development.
AM Session Takeaways:
- Understand how diversified funding streams contribute to long-term sustainability and success
- Determine whether your organization leans too far to one side of the revenue spectrum
- Identify new ways to generate the resources and dollars you need to support and grow your programs, projects and/or services.
- Explain the characteristics of and best practices for successful fundraising
- Avoid common pitfalls when tackling multiple funding streams simultaneously
- Gain time management techniques needed to juggle fundraising on multiple fronts
2nd (PM) Session: Budgeting to Fully Fund Your Overhead | 1 pm – 4 pm
Are you faced with tough decisions or being forced to “cut back” because your organization isn’t able to fully fund your operating budget?
Unfortunately, it’s easier to fund your programs and special projects than it is to raise the dollars you need to keep the lights on.
This 3-hour workshop will identify the building blocks of a strong budget and explain how nonprofits can easily raise the dollars needed to cover overhead costs. We will discuss how proper budgeting will propel grant proposals to success and how to use messaging to raise these much-needed funds.
PM Session Takeaways:
- How to write a realistic budget for your organization, programs, and projects
- The difference between a fully fundable budget and what most organizations create
- The 3 items most budgets are missing
- Steps to diversifying your funding streams
- How to express needs to prospective donors in ways that will ignite their passion to support your work
- The top 3 metrics you should analyze regularly from your budget
- How to begin to change the culture around budgets in a way that allows you to find funding more easily
Sessions are $95 each, or both sessions for $150
Feb. 19, 2020 | 6230 77th St | Vero Beach, FL 22967 | S1: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – S2: 1:00pm-4:00pm