At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Determine if your organization is prepared to begin applying for grant funding.
- Become familiar with questions that need to be answered before searching for grant prospects.
- Identify grants that meet your organization’s needs.
- List and describe the 7 major elements of most grant proposals.
- Know the differences between local, state and federal grants.
- Determine what size grants your organization can realistically manage.
As funding becomes more difficult to secure, nonprofit organizations face significant challenges to fulfill their missions. This workshop reviews the questions that need to be answered before searching and applying for grant funds, outlines the 7 basic elements of most proposals, and shows participants how to match their needs to funder priorities. Participants focus on the major questions that need to be answered prior to a grant application and incorporating these answers into research and ultimately a competitive proposal. 57 minutes.