Building Dynamic Boards Retreat
Governing with Intent and Integrity
Is time to reboot or rebuild your board?
Are you ready to develop a high-functioning, high-performance leadership team?
Every organization, no matter the shape, size, or age, must continuously tackle one simple question:
“How can we build and sustain” an effective board?
The “Building Dynamic Boards” retreat is designed to educate, engage, and empower board leaders.
Join Funding For Good’s experts as they highlight common board struggles and real-life solutions. This interactive retreat breaks down nonprofit governance into a one-day retreat. We’ll cover board structure, legal roles and responsibilities, recruitment strategies, leadership succession planning, budgeting, and fundraising, as well as facilitated resource-sharing conversations.
This retreat is for you if you are a:
- New board member and seek to understand the core legal and ethical roles, responsibilities, and opportunities that accompany your position on your nonprofit’s governing body.
- Seasoned board member who can use streamlined content to educate and engage your board.
- Executive Director who needs an introduction or review of what you should expect from your nonprofit board members at the individual and collective levels.
- Volunteer who interacts with a nonprofit board or is considering accepting an invitation to engage in a formal leadership role.
- Potential or current nonprofit founder who is actively working to build a strong and successful organization.
- Four Cornerstones of Board Governance: How to Build an A-List Board
- Budgeting and Fundraising with Your Board
- Succession Planning: Foundations for Sustainability
- Collaborative Resource Sharing Session
November 1, 2023
8:00 am – 4:00 pm EST
$197 (Early-Bird Rate – Now through Oct. 1)
$247 (Regular Rate – Oct. 2 through Oct. 25)
Oct. 25 at EOD
Olive Hill Room
509 W. Concord St.
Morganton, NC 28655
If you have food restrictions, please feel free to bring your own snacks, drinks, and/or lunch to support your needs. There will be drinks and light snacks during the day as well.
Parking is FREE